Thursday, March 15, 2007

America's First Non-Theist Representative

America's First Non-theist Representative
Current mood: impressed

History was made this week when Rep. Pete Stark openly declared his non-theism. After considerable research it was determined that he is the first federal politician in history to openly admit such beliefs.


As a member of America's Most Distrusted Minority---people who don't believe in any god---it is refreshing for me to see an elected representative finally come out on this subject. I've often personally considered the possibility of running for elected office (much, much later in life, mind you), but always immediately rule it out, thinking that my atheism would prevent me from getting any votes! So it's good to see some progress. Maybe 30 years from now I might change my mind.



Currently playing :
Sonic And The Secret Rings
Release date: 20 February, 2007

No comments: