Monday, January 15, 2007

Uh, I Think, Um, Bush, Uh

Uh, I Think, Um, Bush, Uh
Current mood: embarrassed

I don't know if anyone caught the Shrub on 60 Minutes last night. I couldn't get my jaw off the floor as I listened to OUR PRESIDENT methodically mangle the English language to the point of no recognition.


You know, I've dogged on the man a lot in the past 6 years. He is, after all, the worst president in our nation's history, hands down. But I've began to go beyond that---after all, in a republic, he is simply the elected face of our nation. It's not his fault he's an idiot---IT'S OURS. And looking at it from that point of view, we've got a hell of a long way to go as a nation.


Here is a link to daily kos, which transcribes the actual words from last night's elementary school English lesson. There is also a link there to a more generous transcription, but you should read the actual words to get that same jaw-dropping reaction that I did.


Also, note the bolded section below in which Bush speaks of the president of Iran. He just as easily could be talking about himself.


PELLEY: What would you say right now in this interview to the Iranian president about the meddling in Iraq?


BUSH: I'd say, first of all, to him, "You've made terrible choices for your people. You've isolated your nation. You've taken a nation of proud and honorable people, and you've made your country the pariah of the world. You've threatened countries with nuclear weapons. You've said you want a nuclear weapon. You've defied international accord. And you're slowly but surely isolating yourself." And secondly, that "it's in your interest to have a unified nation on your border. It's in your interest that there be a flourishing democracy." And thirdly, you know, "If we catch your people inside the country harming US citizens or Iraqi citizens, you know, we will deal with them."



Currently listening:

Elliott Smith: Either/Or

No comments: