Monday, April 2, 2007

New Quarter, New Season

New Quarter, New Season
Current mood: rejuvenated

Well, 2 new beginnings today: Starting spring quarter, and also the start of baseball season.

This quarter I'm taking English 102, German 103, and Anthropology 202. Not the most exciting schedule, although Anth will be fun. The other two are to fulfill some graduation requirements before I start at UW next quarter. It's a whole hell of a lot cheaper to take 'em while I'm still at the community college. I usually take 2 classes, so this quarter will be a little tight (Eng 102 is an online class, I'm guessing I'll just have to squeeze that into Study Sunday).

As for baseball season, I think the M's will be a little tiny bit better than they were last year, but I'm not holding out too much hope. Felix is pitching today, and he is certainly a bright spot of inspiration. Those of you who know me are aware I don't care much about sports---but baseball is the exception. I have always loved the game and it's as much a part of my summer as shorts, camping and bike rides.

***Funny baseball side note: Today is the first opening day since WWII where a president won't be throwing out the opening day pitch. The White House is saying He's "too busy" but I'm speculating he's just afraid of the reaction. With that approval rating I'm guessing the only cheers He'd get would be of the "Bronx" kind.

Currently listening :
The Boatman's Call
By Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds
Release date: 04 March, 1997

No comments: