Thursday, August 3, 2006

The Borg
Current mood: quixotic

I'm seeing more and more people out on the street with the little bluetooth cellphone adapters that fit in the ear. All I can think of is the Borg! These people crack me up. They walk around talking to thin air like it's no big deal. I catch the funniest sayings from people here and there. That is, when I don't have my super-duper noise canceling headphones plugged deep into my ears, pumping deep electro bass into my soul.

I think of it on a grander scale, though. It would be funny to go back a couple hundred years and see what sorts of things you had in your pockets and on your person back then. Probably things more suited towards survival and safety. It's interesting how things have changed. The things we carry around now don't serve much practical use. They are luxury items that we've become accustomed to. I sure as hell am not gonna leave my Ipod at home! Talk about the end of the world!

Resistance is indeed futile.

Currently listening :
The Pink Opaque
By Cocteau Twins
Release date: 02 February, 1999

No comments: